Thursday, June 14, 2012

Working Out is Hard to Do

My workout routine has been so odd lately.  I don't like it at all.  We've been so busy -- lots of cool things are going on like vacations, weddings, parties, and general friend dates. I've been eating sort of better -- and have cut my alcohol intake a lot in the past two weeks, but I feel like I can't stick to my workout schedule.    Damn that needing to make money and find a job! ;)  I have been prioritizing it less in the last few weeks, which is such a departure from how it was before we went to Hawaii.  I'm not sure I'm busier now, but there's something going on for sure. 

I keep going back to the idea of working out in the morning.  BUT, given my previous not-so-positive experience with that, and the fact that in order for it to really work I'd have to get into bed at a reasonable hour and not fall asleep on the couch, I'm not sure it's the best idea. 

I'm not sure if I'm liking the alternating weeks of Insanity and P90X2.  I'm a little concerned that I'm not getting the benefits of both as much as I thought.  I wonder if that's part of the reason I'm not as motivated to stick to my schedule. It's something for me to think about this weekend when I'm purposefully not making plans other than to work on my to do list.

 I also have been running -- badly.  I can't keep a good pace, I'm worn out so quickly, it's a hot mess when I run. 

Okay, complaining post done. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment