Thursday, April 26, 2012

Insanity...for 20 minutes

I'm at a conference for the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (www.siop.org) in San Diego. I didn't bring all my workout gear with me - why deprive John the ability to do pull-ups? Instead, I brought the Pure Cardio Insanity workout. I figured it would be a good introduction to what we are planning to do in Hawaii in 2 weeks (OMG).

I was sweating within 3 minutes. The warm-up was a workout in and of itself; I know because I had a technical difficulty with the sound and had to stop after the warm up because I couldn't hear anything. With P90X3, I probably would have toughed it out, but not with a new workout.

All that said, I could tell it was going to be a great workout and I can't wait to try more in the series in a few weeks!

Calories Burned = 250
Time in Zone = 14:02 (62%)
Average Heart Rate = 139
Peak Heart Rate = 179

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to start using some of the Insanity DVDs, partly inspired by your blogging and progress. Probably going to switch some of the workouts for running, though... I can't give that up given that I have a marathon in June. But if I do 50% of it and get 50% of the results, that'd be good enough for me, hah. At some point, I'll start blogging about it if I don't quit in the first week, lol.

    ReplyDelete