Friday, April 6, 2012

Modified Plyo Push-Ups

Earlier in the P90X2 workouts, I was doing Plyo Push-Ups and felt pretty strong.  While I couldn't clap at the top of the push-up, I still felt pretty awesome for being able to get my hands (and sometimes feet) off the floor more than once.

Then I got to PAP Upper, and the Plyo Push-Ups are explosive, meaning fast.  Before, I would do 1 or 2, take a little break, maybe I'd get to three, but they weren't explosive.  Right, so now I haven't been feeling so awesome.  I'm okay with the fact that I could do 4 of the 6 I'm supposed to do, but I just wasn't sure I was getting the maximum benefits of the explosive nature of the movement.

Then I watched the modification.  Now, why didn't I think of that before?  In the workout, the woman Christine is doing her plyo psuh-ups on her knees.  So I thought I'd try it.

HELLO EXPLOSION!

I did 6 modified plyo push-ups and CLAPPED at the top of each one!  Hooray!

In other news, it's harder to blog about this third phase.  Maybe it's because I'm not tracking my reps and weights as much or because it's so repetitive that I risk boring myself and you with the recounting of it.  I like it and feel stronger each time, so that's a plus.

Calories Burned = 526
Average Heart Rate = 132
Peak Heart Rate = 172

No comments:

Post a Comment