Saturday, February 4, 2012

I am a morning person but...

I don't think morning workouts are for me.  Due to my schedule these last few days, I have had to get up early to work out before my day begins, instead of working out in the late-afternoon or early evening.  I am not sure my body thinks this is a good idea.

I feel stiffer in the morning, slower to warm up.  My muscles protest, and fatigue more easily.  Although I am still improving in many exercises, I don't feel as good doing them in the morning.  Perhaps the ability to move around throughout the day is helping my body warm-up and prepare for the workouts.  Luckily, this is an occasional issue, arising only when other things, like filing my dissertation, getting a facial, and seeing friends, require that my day not be punctuated by a workout.

On the plus side, I did the Ab Ripper this morning, and figured out better how to do the Superman Banana X, with less giggling and more core engagement!  It wasn't perfect, but it was much improved!      

Total Body (separated Ab Ripper from this because of time)
Total Calories Burned = 666
Average Heart Rate = 130
Peak Heart Rate = 170

Ab Ripper + Yoga

Total Calories Burned = 551
Average Heart Rate = 107
Peak Heart Rate = 152

No comments:

Post a Comment