Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Fit Test

Part of the P90X2 is the Fit Test -- in which you do some exercises to find out if you are physically ready to do the workouts.  This is where I found out that the "assisted pull-ups" I'd been doing at the gym were worthless to prepare me for actual pull-ups.  Luckily, there's a disclaimer that says you don't HAVE to be able to pull-ups, just that you'll get more out of the workouts if you can.

Besides the lack of pull-ups, I managed the fit test pretty well:

Vertical Leap: 11.5" [this was the hardest one to measure because we had to go outside of the apartment, in the dark]
Push-ups: 8 "regular"
Toe Touch/Flexibility: +5" past my toes
Wall Squat: 1 min. 32 secs.
Bicep Curls: 30 with 10-12 lbs resistance band
In & Outs: 30
Jumping Jacks for 2 mins & Still Able to Breathe: Yes

I'm as ready as I'll ever be to start this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment