Sunday, January 29, 2012

TinkerBell Half Marathon

Kari & Kenna after the TinkerBell Half Marathon 2012
Today I finished my 7th half marathon at the Inaugural TinkerBell Half Marathon!  I got to run with my very good friend, the Amazing Kari Lev.  How much training did I do to complete this race?  In early December, John and I completed the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon, and I had run a few miles here and there throughout December.  But since 2012, I've not run one mile.

Kari and I walked the last 6 miles.  We talked, laughed, and enjoyed the process.  It was never about the time for this race -- it was about doing an ALL-NEW race themed with a character I absolutely adore, with a true, loyal, and beautiful friend.  PLUS, I looked great when we were done -- as evidenced by the above picture. ;)    

I actually felt really great throughout the race -- sore, but not tired.  P90X2 must be doing something!

After the race, I decided that I could eat some Pop Chips without counting it as a cheat -- I mean, 2220 calories?!  I could have eaten ANYTHING!

Calories Burned = 2220
Average Heart Rate = 145
Peak Heart Rate = 179 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have asked for a better runn...walking partner!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete