Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beginning the New Phase

As I begin this new phase of exercising (Strength) and eating (Energy Booster), there are a few lessons I learned from the last phase that I am implementing.

1. Watching the DVDs BEFORE I start the workouts -- probably in fast forward -- just to get a sense of what I'm supposed to do and how to modify.

2. Limit cheats to not more than 1 per week.  A cheat is defined as having something that I've specifically given up -- such as sweets, alcohol, or caffeine. (The idea of 5 total cheats over the whole time is just not doable!)

3. Don't stress out about cheating, but don't get complacent.   Keep tracking the cheats. 

4. Even on the days when it's just Recovery and Mobility workout, have a protein shake -- my body needs the calories and protein!  (I've been skipping the protein shake in the first phase if the workout wasn't "hard enough" and then not having as much energy... hmmm...)

5. Practice pull-ups each week, even if I decide to modify the exercise.  I tried doing a pull-up on February 12, and although I wasn't there yet, I was closer!

6. Update my heart rate monitor as appropriate (John says if my weight swings by 5 pounds) to get the most accurate reading on calories burned.

7. Do more foam rolling in the week, especially if I am just hanging out watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment