Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fat Shredder?

So much for that.  I GAINED 1.8 pounds this week, 1.3 of that being body fat! How is that possible?

Let's think back.  I ate some bread on Sunday morning after the race, which I have basically cut out otherwise. I've been closer to 1800 calories per day this week than previously -- so perhaps the previous results were because I had fewer calories than I actually needed?  Add that to the fact that I'm burning less calories in the workouts??  For the rest of this week, I'm working out harder.

UGH.  I've been exhausted by 8:30 PM as well, which kind of puts a damper on date nights with John, which we usually start at 8:00.  Maybe this is a sign that I need to move on from Fat Shredder sooner?  I guess I need to read up on that.

Today is a rest day, but yesterday I did Plyocide -- and I think I got better at the exercises in general:
Calories Burned =  589
Average Heart Rate = 137
Peak Heart Rate = 179

3 comments:

  1. There's no telling how the half-marathon affected your body. Extensive bouts of cardio are known to deplete muscle mass, which could account for the increase in body fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bre, I could kiss you! Thanks for this... I'll google around and see what else I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, John, in his infinite wisdom, said to me, "Weigh yourself tomorrow." So I did, and although I didn't write down the numbers, it was more in line with the previous week, so now I'm not so stressed out. Breathe, Kenna, Breathe.

    ReplyDelete