Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shoulders + Arms

I have realized how much I like working out at home.  I like that no one (not even John) is watching me, that I don't have to wait for machines or weights, that I'm home.

Today I did Shoulders + Arms, and really enjoyed the focus on that one body part.  With 3 rounds of the same exercises, I experimented with different resistance bands -- increasing and decreasing after round 1.  I am definitely stronger than I give myself credit for, so I want to increase the weight I lift! 

Calories Burned = 585
Average Heart Rate = 118
Peak Heart Rate = 157

P.S.  I should also say that if you are going to buy resistance bands, either buy the ones that have their own handles, or buy multiple handles.  I find that I have to pause the workout when switching band weights because I have to switch the handles from one band to another.  It's great because the set of bands we have range from 2-4 lbs to 25-30 lbs, but it only came with one set of handles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment