Monday, May 14, 2012

Insanity in Maui

While this also describes my vacation so far...as Day 2 begins it has been super fun!... yesterday John and I did Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit.

OMG. I took so many breaks (not long, but breaks nonetheless)! The 30 second water breaks were not long enough for my heart rate to really recover. I kept saying, "Are you kidding me?" It was nonstop. The warm-up was RIDICULOUS! The workout was crazy.

John and I did this together, which was awesome! It's one of the first workouts we have done together. We supported each other and had fun while doing it!

At the end, I told John I might consider doing a week of Insanity, then a week of P90X2 -- Insane P90X2. Then I woke up today with sore inner thighs and am wondering how good of an idea that is... just kidding! It's a good sore. And working out on vacation is hard, so I'm psyched that John and I ran 4 miles on Saturday and then did Insanity on Sunday. The goal is to work out today too, but we'll have to see how the day progresses.

This was the view we had while we were working out. Not so bad.

Calories Burned: 539
Time in Zone: 38:57 (93%)
Average Heart Rate: 151
Peak Heart Rate: 177

1 comment:

  1. Good job, guys!

    Just completed Week 2, Day 1 today. I also got sore from Plyo, but it went away with a swim *hint hint*. Believe it or not, it has gotten easier. Glad to see a calorie count on this, as my Garmin HRM is busted and I really have no clue what the burn is.

    ReplyDelete