Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Total Body Round 2

It turns out that working with a real set of weights is different than working with resistance bands.  Especially when you have two weights that are adjustable, so you have to pause to make sure you have the right weight.

I was really excited because I tried a few things differently this round -- like Push Up Side Arm Balance on Med Balls!  It's hard enough on the floor -- but when you do it with your hands on two med balls, the instability is so amazing for your core!  I was able to do 10, which surprised even me.  Maybe I'm almost ready for the 4 Med Ball Push-Ups (minus the fact that I only have 2 Med Balls). 

I also tried to do Boing Push-Ups, in which you hold the stability ball and "fall" toward the floor, do a push-up on the ball, and then "boing" back up.  I did 4-5 -- they were pretty ugly, but I'm still working on engaging my core in order to not collapse onto the ball.

The last exercise I tried with some different results was the Crunch Lever Pull-Up, in which you hold yourself close to the pull-up bar, in kind of a ball, and... well, here's a video of someone doing it.  (This person actually looks a little like me with their bleached hair... but I guarantee you it's not me!)  I used our handy pull-up assist to do a few of these (again, ugly, but I'm working on it!), and felt good that I was strong enough to hold myself up there. ;)  

Calories Burned = 804
Time in Zone = 49:40 (54%)
Average Heart Rate = 123
Peak Heart Rate = 171




No comments:

Post a Comment