Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fatigue Part 2

I wrote about fatigue once before (here) -- way back in January in which I worked out in the evening and then again the next morning.  The fatigue I am feeling now is of a whole different breed.

It's the fatigue from a week of vacation and then two weeks of weddings and parties (including lots of alcohol and rich foods!).  From stress with my upcoming graduation and the party to celebrate it.  From stress of job searching, and feeling that the search is going nowhere.  From trying to remember that not everything can be solved and that it's not all my responsibility to fix things.

All this to say that working out is hard.  I'm pushing myself through the workouts -- increasing my weight and reps -- but I want to stop and rest a lot more (especially during Plyocide, but that's normal). Next week I'm doing an Insanity Week, so we'll see how that goes.  If nothing else, it will be a change of pace -- talk about muscle confusion!   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kenna... congrats on your graduation! Celebrate this time rather than worry about getting your workouts in, or as you say, do something else!

    I am starting the Recovery Week between Phase 1 and Phase 2 in Insanity, and I still think it's a great program! Before I eat or drink anything in the morning, my abs are better than I can remember them being. Thanks for being one of the catalysts for me to start this. =)

    P.S. Sorry about the job search. You are the most employable person ever! I'm sure you will find something soon. I'll keep an eye out, but I haven't been on the scene so you'll probably be more efficient than me in that regard.

    ReplyDelete