Thursday, May 10, 2012

interesting fact

Yesterday I actually went and did some number crunching on my weight, body fat, and body fat percentage from the beginning to the end of P90X2.  As I think I've mentioned, I haven't lost any weight.  That's usually the first question people ask, and they are surprised when I say I haven't lost any.  But, I hadn't really looked at the numbers to see what that meant.

January 12 --> April 19
Weight: 134.1 --> 135.7 (+1.6 pounds)
Body Fat: 32.2 --> 32.3 (+0.1 pounds)
Body Fat Percentage: 24.1 --> 23.9 (-0.2%)

So, yes, I gained weight, but the majority of it was muscle weight.  And, my body fat percentage still dropped, even though I technically gained a bit of body fat.  FASCINATING.

This reminds me that I should stop worrying about the scale every week.  It's constantly up and down.  I know that, and I still feel compelled to check it compulsively each week.  Since I'm going to be in Maui next week, and not checking it, it will be the perfect time to go to an every other week checking situation.

This morning I got up and did Balance & Power.  I like this workout a lot.  The moves are all really different -- with three rounds of 6 exercises.  I've been working on using the Stability Ball to do Sphinx to Plank Roll Ups and Plyo Bounces -- they aren't pretty, but they are getting done.  My core is SO MUCH stronger!  I'm not very good at the Forearm Alternating Side Plank on the stability ball.  I can do this with med balls, but the stability ball is just still unpredictable.

Calories Burned = 529
Time in Zone = 40:52 (83%)
Average Heart Rate = 137
Peak Heart Rate = 171

1 comment:

  1. You should really see about having a fitness professional test your body fat % using the calipers. I have a feeling you will get a different read that way.

    ReplyDelete